Thursday, November 27, 2008

Ibis - Day 1


Well after taking a short layoff (18 or so years) I have gotten back into mountain biking. After going out and buying a Trek hard tail, I gained an appreciation for how much mountain biking and the trails have changed over the years, not to mention my body and my so called skills.

It did not take me long to decide I need a full suspension bike, but there have been so many advancemments in 20 years. I had to do some homework and decide what was important to me.

I finally settled on an Ibis frame with Fox suspension. The DW Link is the bomb! Built up some Stan's ZTR 355s and finished it off with SRAM x-9 coupled with an XT crank. This is a smooth bike and it weighed in at 25.5 pounds. That is 4 pounds lighter than my hard tail.

My first trail ride with the new bike was at Landahl Park ( My new favortie place to visit).
I even made a little video of "the Guys" having some fun!!!

Happy Thanks Giving and see ya on the trails!!!

No comments: