Saturday, November 29, 2008

Beatting the Snow

Mike and I hooked up for a mid-moring ride at Rock Bridge. I can tell I am making some progress, but I have so far to go to get back in the form I was in 18 years ago and to be ready for the Kokopelli Ride in Arpil.

We rode for a little over 2 hours and I had a blast. Mike just followed me around and I am sure saying to him self, "D" you really took an ugly line there; one of these days maybe you will learn how to climb; and on and on. I reached a new heart rate max today 183 bpm and I lived to tell about it.

The sad thing is I really felt like I rode well today. I went the entire flat loop without using the brake. No major spills. Well except for the one where I was not moving, clicked my cleat in and then fell completely over in slow motion. I even hopped some trouble on the trail and had my flow going.

Here are some shots of Mike and I playing around:
There is no thing as the Great Prumpkin, Charlie Brown!


After making Mike jump that log 3 times before I could get a decent photo of him, I think I was able to sky him. I guess I am as good at photography as I am at biking. Takes a few tries, but i finally get it!


Mike tested a small but steep side trail and made it look easy. I lined up for it, but then said no. Maybe another day.


Watch the video:

Notice the "Pro" kick out at the end.

By the time I got home, it started to mist and rain and eventually turned to snow...We will have to see what tomorrow brings....

1 comment:

Lanterne Rouge said...

Nice! It sucks how the camera always flattens out the terrain, as that drop was steep.

Welcome to the Blogshpear!